Thursday, November 12, 2009

Hear ye hear ye

If silence is golden, I prefer poverty.

I love listening to things - music, podcasts, news, conference. But what's filling my ears all depends on when and why and where I am. Here's what I'm listening to . . .

1-When I'm running: Coldplay and "You're the Voice" from Hotrod if it's short. 60-minutes podcast if I'm aiming long.
2- On an early Tuesday morning, driving to piano lessons: morning edition from NPR news.
3- When I'm doing the dishes: Norah Jones and Jack Johnson after a busy day. Regina Spektor and Ingrid Michaelson between classes.
4- On a Friday afternoon, in the car, one more thing to do before the weekend starts: I'm channel surfing the radio - and hating my i-pod-connector-less life! I'm sick of the news, and I'm feeling peppy. Chances are I find one or two good songs for every 20 minutes in the car.
5- While doing my hair, groggy in the early morning: A general conference talk, compliments of iTunes.
6-At 2 pm on a Wednesday: Something classical in my car - I typically don't like NPR's two o' clock program, Fresh Air.
7- When I'm driving home, tired, on a weeknight: Jazz on 90.1 FM.
8- On a rainy Saturday afternoon: the chillest thing I can find.
9- Before church on Sunday: Motab or BYU Singers.
10- Right now: a movie - with a crazy soundtrack.

What's on your playlist?

3 comments:

  1. Wheels on the bus... Six little ducks... twinkle twinkle little star... what you listen to changes quite a bit after you have kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm kind of sad, i love terri gross.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love Terri Gross! Although i don't get to hear her all the time... I'm amazed that you get home so late! (late enough, that is, to be able to listen to Jazz on 90.1). Personally, I'm more of a talk person, with a bit of classical music. I often can't even have classical music on, because it distracts me from whatever I'm working on.

    ReplyDelete