Sunday, November 8, 2009

Trade-offs

I was driving in my car the other day, noticing how my once sparkling white teeth had been dimmed by months of drinking Diet Coke (thanks a lot, McKay). And I realized that I didn't care that much.

I never drank diet coke before I met McKay. In fact, I hated it. But now it's like a part of our relationship! We buy it by the case when it's on sale and store it between the fridge and stove, a tower of various diet coke flavors. Lime, Cherry, Vanilla, Caffeine Free, Caffeine full

Anyway, this little realization in the car got me thinking about other trade-offs in my life, and I did one of my favorite things; starting making a list! And here it the beginning of it:

I would trade dazzling white teeth for Diet Coke
I would trade a couple hours of sleep for a few extra rounds of cards with McKay
I would trade a perfect body for a some white grains and ice cream and fun every now and then
I would trade straight A's for spontaneous weekends with no homework

There's my first few. What are yours?

1 comment:

  1. I would trade morning sickness, weight gain, and 9 months of needing to pee 5 times during each night for a new born baby, hands down, any day!

    ReplyDelete